Our Journey to Kazakhstan

Thanks for joining our journey to Kazakhstan to expand our family. Enjoy! Feel free to leave us comments by clicking the button at the bottom of any post. If you don't have a userid just choose "anonymous" for your identity.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pucha

It’s chilly (68◦) and rainy here today and we’re still not feeling great so we abandoned the idea of walking to church and the store in the morning. It finally cleared a little around dinner time so we walked to the Ramstore for more water and then decided to try to find “Pucha” that was mentioned in one of the comments. LM has mostly shorts and it’s a little cold for shorts. City Market is nice and you can look through the clothes yourself, but I’d definitely give Pucha a try. It’s 3 floors. The first floor has a small market, cleaning supplies and electronics & housewares. We were able to find one of the 3 prong adapters here for 180 Tg (~$1.50). You can also exchange money at a good rate. The next 2 floors or filled with baby/kids clothes, toys and strollers. A very nice stroller similar to the 50,000 Tg stroller (~$423) at City Market was only 35,000 Tg ($296) here. In many of the “stores” the items are behind the counter so you will have to ask someone to show you the clothes, but the prices are better than City Market and there is a wider selection. I’d look around before you buy to get an idea of what you want because each stall carries a little different selection. To get to Pucha from Congress Hall, cross the street toward Parliament and follow Бейбитшилик 2 blocks after the Parliament building to Сейфуллина. Pucha is across the street on the right (red roof and exchange rates by the door). There are also a row of shops across the street on the left. The one with the dolphin on the sign also sells kids clothes. Pucha is open from 9-10 every day.

We’ll see LM tomorrow – can’t wait.

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

For kids clothes, we also found a nice store in the Italian Mall (Cine Tempe or something like that)...the mall with the good pizza in front of the fountains and across the street from the Convention Hall (where the underground walkway is).

I think the store was on the 1st or 2nd floor and I think it paralleled the side of the mall that faces Convention Hall. They had tons of onesies in a glass case but the girl would pull out a pile of about 30 at a time for us to sort through. We also said we wanted shorts or pants for a boy and she brought out piles from the back. I am not sure if they were expensive or not....I think it was about $5 for a nice onesie with nice fabric and design, and abut $10 for pants. I found the City Market store to be way expensive and never ended up buying anything there.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna Newsflash: She is officially in a big girl bed! On Sat. Bill converted her crib to a toddler bed. She did pretty well the first night. She woke me up at 4:00 am a little discombobulated and searching for Pooh bear. Once he was found and back in her arms she was happy and went back to sleep. Today, Monday we went to Target and she picked out Disney Princess bedding. What a shock! That is all of our big news. We love hearing about little man. I am so so happy that he gets excited to see you guys. That is really cool! Love the cereal face story. I love those smiles.....Anna had them a lot when she at sweet potatoes. I have pictures of her that way and now when she looks at them she always asks me "Mommy what was I doing?" Spending the time that Anna is at Bright Horizons working around the house.....I have a master plan to get the whole place in order by Sept......God is now laughing his you know what off! Sending lots of love to you guys....hope you are feeling better.
Love your posts!
I look forward to reading them everyday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home